WELCH RAREBIT (ORDWAY)
2 rounded tablespoons butter
2 level tablespoons flour
1 egg -well beater
2 cups milk
1/2 pount tasty cheese — chopped fine
1/2 teaspoon salt
Cayenne to taste.
Dry Mustard to taste.
1) Melt butter in double boiler.
2) Add flour.
3) Bind together, then add remaining ingredients.
4) Stir constantly until thick and creamy.
1) Add a little milk to the egg when beating as it helps to keep it from curdling.
2) Double portion needed for 6.
Check out a complementary approach, double click here on Welsh Rabbit, recipe adapted from a forty+-year old issue of Life Magazine.
You can find the above and related recipes by tapping here on the Home Cookin’ index.
Please tell us what you think! Back Home
Copyright © 1999-2009 S.H. Klock/ The Recipe Reader / at Home Cookin’.