- 12 to rtillas
- Cooking oil
- 1 lb. ground chuck
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil or fat
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 2 1/2 to 3 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin seed
- 2 teaspoons sweet pepper flakes
- 1 cup canned tomatoes
- Shredded lettuce
- Fry tortillas crisp in 1/2 inch hot oil, turning with tongs and shaping eachinto a U. Set aside in a warm placeuntil ready to use. [Alternatively,use packaged, preformed taco shells which need only to be heated in oven justprior to use.]
- Place the next 9 ingredients in a saucepan.
- Stir and cook 5 minutes or until mixture begins to brown.
- Add tomatoes. Stir and cook10 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Spoon into fried tacos (fried tortillas) or place on table with fixingsand let everyone fix his own.
- Serve with shreddedlettuce, grated cheese (Jack, cheddar, etc.) and any taco sauces, guacamole,salsa, etc. you like.
Yield: 5servings This recipe has been kitchen tested.