STRAWBERRY GLACÉ PIE
(Dorothy Corbett via NOK)
- 9 inch baked pie shell
- 6 cups fresh berries about 1 ½ quarts
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ cup water
- 1 8- ouncepackage cream cheese
- Mash enough berries to measure 1 cup.
- Stir together sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stirin water and crushed berries. Cook overmedium heat,stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil and stir one minute. Cool.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth; spread on bottom of baked pie shell. Fill shell withremaining berries, pour cooked berry mixture over top. Chill at least 3 hours or untilset.
- Serve plain or with whipped cream on top (with some sugar and vanilla added).