Poppys Barbecue Sauce for Chicken
- ¼ pound butter melted
- 5 ounces Worcestershire sauce
- 4 ounces lemon juice =juice of l lemon
- Garlic cloves grated, amount to taste
- In a small frying pan, melt butter, add Worcestershire sauce lemon juice and minced garlic.
- Heat thoroughly and coat pieces.
- Baste again during grilling.
Traditionally, the family approach is to barbecue chicken by dipping rinsed, raw pieces in “Poppys Barbecue Sauce,” then cook them over charcoal on an outdoor grill. Over the years we have raised two sons who do not like the “blackened” aspect of chicken cooked over a traditional barbecue. Poppy has a clever solution to this dilemma. His method: brush chicken pieces we use quarters liberally with the sauce, then grill or bake in 350° F. oven, or broil, as you would any other chicken pieces. Whichever method you choose, the following is a great barbecue sauce and a simple one —