Family favorite — a recipe from Nancy’s little red/green/yellow cookbook
- 1 cup White corn syrup Karo
- 1 cup Dark brown sugar packed
- 1/3 cup Melted butter or oleo
- 1 1/3 cup Pecan halves
- 3 Whole eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla*
- 1/8 th tsp Salt^
- *Adjust to taste.
- Combine all ingredients and pour into an unbaked pie shell. (9-inch size)
- Bake at 350° F. until pastry browns, about fifty minutes.
Joy recommends baking a nearly identical list of ingredients– Joy uses granulated white sugar rather than dark brown and 1 cup rather than 1 1/3 cups pecans — bakes pastry blind at 450° F for 5 to 7 minutes then, after a period to cool crust and after reducing oven to 375° F, bakes the pie for 40 to 50 minutes at 375° F. Also, can substitute black walnuts for the pecan. Or, omit the vanilla, and add Bourbon instead for a Bourbon-Pecan Pie.