Nancy’s CHEESE BALLS
- ½ pound grated cheddar preferably Kraft’s extra sharp
- 1 stick softened butter
- 1 cup unsifted all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- red cayenne pepper to taste
- Mix butter, flour, salt and pepper as if making pie crust dough. Then, mix in gratedcheese.
- Form balls, about the size of a walnut. Chill the balls in the freezer about two hours(or store in the freezer until use.)
- Place frozen balls on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake in a preheated oven (450°F.)for about 10 minutes. Watch carefully. Some ovens may need to be set as low as 400°F.
(Mixing in food processor is definitely a plus!. Grate cheese finely, remove it, add other ingredients, mix, then add cheese back in. Mix until it forms a big, pastry-likeball.)