Frozen Mud Pie
1 ½ cups crushed cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (about 15)
1 ½ teaspoons sugar, optional
¼ cup butter, melted
2 pints chocolate chip, vanilla or coffee ice cream (your preference)
¼ cup chocolate syrup, divided
Additional cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies for garnish, optional
- In a bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar. Stir in ¼ cup melted butter
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Spoon 1 pint of ice cream into crust. Drizzle with half of the chocolate syrup; swirl with a knife.
- Carefully top with remaining ice cream. Drizzle with remaining syrup; swirl with a knife. Cover and freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with whole Oreo cookies if desired.
Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe is an all-time favorite. This version is adapted from an article in the August ’99 issue of Taste of Home Magazine.
You can find this and related recipes by tapping here on the Home Cookin’ index.
Copyright © 1999-2005 S.H. Klock/ The Recipe Reader / at Home Cookin’.