1 ¼ cups crushed chocolate cookie wafers
1/3 cup melted butter
2/3 cup milk, scalded
2 ounces green crème de menthe
1 ounce (2 tablespoons) white crème de cacao
½ pint whipping cream
Optional: Additional whipping cream for garnish at serving time.
- Prepare pie shell by combining cookie crumbs with melted butter. Pat this into a 9-inch pan.
- Scald the milk, and add marshmallows to the milk, after removing saucepan from heat. Let marshmallows dissolve, stirring often. Cool to room temperature.
- Add the liqueurs to the cooled milk-marshmallow part.
- Whip cream until fairly stiff and fold into the mixture.
- [If you wish to substitute Dream Whip, use one-half the prepared envelope for the inside of the pie, and decorate the top with the remaining half.]
- In any case, pour the grasshopper mixture into the prepared chocolate crust and freeze.
Serve with or without additional whipped cream on top.
Note: Do not freeze the whipped cream on top!
This recipe has been kitchen tested.
You can find the above recipe(s) by tapping here on the Home Cookin’ index.
Copyright © 1999-2010 S.H. Klock/ The Recipe Reader / at Home Cookin’.