Stephanie’s Sugar Cookies Pillsbury Frosting & a dusting of multicolored sprinkles = magic!
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
· In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
· Preheat oven to 400° F.
· If making shapes, roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. For round cookies, roll dough into small balls and flatten.
· Place cookies 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.
· Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.
· Frost* cookies and decorate with desired toppings. (Place cookies in refrigerator for frosting to harden).
Yield: This recipe makes about 60 cookies
*Stephanie says: “The frosting I used was Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Vanilla. The trick with these cookies and the frosting is to put them in the fridge after making them to get more of a smooth cookie icing rather than fluffy frosting.”
You can find the above recipe listed in the Home Cookin’ index. Tap on recipe index.