Chocolate Chip Kisses (Hilda Hallock)
The unusual thing about these cookies is that they “cook” in a preheated oven which is turned off as soon as the baking sheet goes into the oven. Cookies then remain in oven 8 hours or overnight. Resist temptation to open that oven door during this process! A favorite with the chocoholics among Gram’s grandkids.
- 2 egg whites well beaten
- ¾ cup sugar
- 8- oz. bag chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Optional: finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350° F. while mixing ingredients.
- Beat egg white, slowly add ¾ cup sugar, fold inchocolate chips and vanilla
- Optional: finelychopped pecans (never had these when Mom made these.
- Drop by tablespoonsful on ungreased baking sheet. Place in 350° F. oven.
- Turn off heat and leave in oven 8 hours or overnight.