Carol Lahey’s FRESH STRAWBERRY PIE
- 3 pints strawberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- red food coloring
- Have ready and cooled, a nine-inch baked pie shell.
- Clean berries.
- Line bottom of pie shell with the biggest berries.
- Dice remaining berries and place in saucepan.
- Combine sugar, salt and cornstarch. Stir into berries and cook over fairly high heat untilsauce becomes somewhat clear (sauce should come to a boil). Remove from heat, add lemonjuice and a few drops of coloring.
- Cool. Pour over berries that are in pie shell.
- Serve with whipped cream.