BEEF RICE BALLS
(from Nancy Klocks little red cookbook)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- ¼ cup uncooked rice
- ¼ cup cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fat
- 1 can mushroom soup
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 cup canned mushrooms
- Mix together beef, onion, rice, crumbs, milk, andseasonings.
- Shape into 1″ balls. Fry slowly in fat in skillet. Turnto brown evenly.
- Add soup mixed with hot water. Cover and simmer about 1 hour.
- Stir mushrooms and liquid into gravy in pan. [This really is the way the original recipe ends. I assume it is appropriate to at least continue to cook the casserolebriefly right after you add the canned mushrooms. It would be better with (sautéed) fresh mushrooms.]
This recipe has been kitchen tested.