A very simple sauce for grilled poultry, sautéed shellfish or . . . whatever, when you need a little help in the kitchen.
let me help you entertain —
with Ginger Sauce for Grilled Poultry
2 tablespoons catsup, whatever brand you like
3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
9 tablespoons cold butter, cut into bits
8 ounces finely grated fresh ginger
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Put catsup in a small saucepan over low heat.
2. Stir until catsup begins to bubble and thickens slightly.
3. Add soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. Boil for 10 seconds, then whisk in small chips of butter, a bit at a time. Stir in ginger juice, about 4 tablespoons ginger juice, squeezed from about one cup finely grated fresh ginger.
4. Season as you like with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Serve with grilled chicken, tuna, or sautéed or broiled shellfish.
Yield: ~ 1¼ cups sauce.
You can find the above recipe(s) by tapping here on the Home Cookin’ index.
Copyright © 1999-2012 S.H. Klock/ The Recipe Reader / at Home Cookin’.