Lemon Pudding Cake
¾ cup sugar
¼ cup sifted, all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 ½ cups milk
3 egg yolks, well beaten
3 egg whites, beaten, stiff
1. Combine sugar, dash salt and flour. Stir in melted butter, lemon peel and juice.
2. Combine milk and egg yolks and add to lemon mixture. Fold in egg whites.
3. Pour into 8-by-8-by-2-inch baking pan. Place in larger pan on oven rack.
4. Pour hot water into larger pan, 1-inch deep. Bake at 350° F. for 40 minutes.
5. Serve warm or chilled.
6 to 8 tablespoons butter
1 (1-pound pkg. ) confectioners’ sugar -- sifted
¼ cup light cream -- (approximate)
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
1. Cream butter; gradually, and add about half the confectioners’ sugar, blending well.
2. Beat in two (2) tablespoons cream, and vanilla. Gradually blend in remaining confectioners' sugar. Add enough cream to make of spreading consistency.
3. Frosts two 8- or 9-inch layers.
(adapted from The Hartford Courant, Wednesday, November 8, 1995)
You can find this and related recipes by tapping here on the Home Cookin' index.
Copyright © 1999-2005 S.H. Klock/ The Recipe
Reader / at Home Cookin'.