2 (4 ½ oz.) cans
chopped mild green chilies
8 ounces Gouda cheese, coarsely chopped
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
½ cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese
¼ cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Combine the green chilies, Gouda, cream cheese, Cheddar
and milk. Easily done in a food processor — process until mixture is blended.
If you do not have a food processor, you can still make this dip easily.
Combine shredded cheeses with softened cream cheese and bake as directed.
Baking facilitates blending of the cheeses. Spoon cheese-chili mixture into
an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Bake the cheese dip until hot and bubbly, about 20
- Serve with crackers of your choice, melba toast or with
Pita Chips (see recipe below).
5 pita bread rounds
8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, melted
1 ½ teaspoons ground lemon pepper
1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat the broiler. Cut each pita round into 8
wedges. Separate the layers to make 16 triangles.
- Brush the pita bread with butter. Arrange on a baking
- Sprinkle the pita bread with lemon pepper and cumin.
Broil until crisp, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve with cheese dip.
You can find this and related recipes by tapping here on the Home
Copyright © 1999-2009 S.H. Klock/ The Recipe
Reader / at Home Cookin'.
For personal use only. All rights reserved. Terms